A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Simplicity 4003 Finished

The vintage Simplicity 4003 dress pattern came to me pre-cut!  I love that.  Cutting pattern pieces is one of my least favorite jobs to do.  A lot of vintage patterns have already been cut and that makes me smile a little more!
Vintage Simplicity 4003 dress pattern Plus Size sewplus.blogspot.com
I made view #3 with #2 sleeves.  The bodice fitting went pretty smoothly and I only had to make the muslin once.  The skirt was pretty easy too, I did end up shortening it by about 3".  It was about mid calf on me and I think below knee is the best for a summer fit.
sewing buttonhole Simplicity 4003 shirt dress sewplus.blogspot.com


Marking the buttonholes

sewing buttonhole Simplicity 4003 shirt dress sewplus.blogspot.com

 I had to get the manual out to re-read the instructions.  I didn't want to make a mistake.


 Finished buttonhole
Vintage Simplicity 4003 dress pattern top plus size sewplus.blogspot.com
Buttonholes all done.

Vintage Simplicity 4003 dress pattern top plus size sewplus.blogspot.com
 Bodice fitted and done
Vintage Simplicity 4003 dress pattern plus size sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 4003 Finished.  I added a fabric tie belt.

I liked the cuffed sleeves and the button front, it does have a side zipper but I don't need to use it to get in and out of the dress.  Next time I won't waste the time to put one in.

Off to take the kids to an Elvis Festival!

Until next time.......

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment