A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

McCall's 5787 Top

I have this problem

 If I make a pattern and it's not good enough or good at all, I can't leave it alone, I have to MASTER the pattern.  It will sit in the drawer and mock me until I get it out and re-size  refit, refine it until I get it right.  This McCall's 5787 pattern I made back in 2011 was ok, a little to big in the shoulders and a little to tight around my hips.  So I decided it needed to be redone and fit for ME!
McCall's Stitch & Save 5787 Top Pattern
McCall's 5787 Pattern 


 Too big in the shoulders, tight across  the chest, hips a little snug.

McCall's Stitch & Save 5787 Top Pattern first try
 The top looks a lot better on my dress form.

McCall's Stitch & Save 5787 Top Pattern second attempt patriotic front view

McCall's Stitch & Save 5787 Top Pattern second attempt patriotic back view
Back view

Remade the pattern in this fabric I had laying around.  I really like it now, the fit is perfect!  The only problem is that the kids say this top looks like a mugged it from a CLOWN!

I am working on a dress now, I am using Simplicity 1797.  I am using a orange floral print sheet as a muslin, I found a beautiful floral print drape set.  I am thinking this is going to be sooooooo cute.  More soon.

Until next time.....

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment