A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 22, 2013

Simplicity 1797 &A Delightful Interruption!

I made a muslin of the Simplicity 1797 after adjusting the pattern to my fluffy size.  I did pretty good this time around.  I'm really getting the hang of it now.  I know that there are some things that pattern fitting just can't do but I have really gotten good at bodice fitting for a full bust.

Simplicity 1797 Dress Pattern
 Simplicity 1797




Simplicity 1797 Dress cutting pattern fabricmart.com floral print
 Green floral cotton broadcloth from Fabric Mart.


I'm a mess.  Boy F took my picture without me knowing.  I don't like it but I am busy concentrating!

 Then THIS interruption came in the mail!  I was so E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!!!

I have been looking for the Simplicity 4003 for some time.  E-bay had a lot of 45 patterns with Simplicity 4003 in it.  I contacted the seller knowing there was almost no possibility that it was in my size.  Guess What!!! It was!  So off I was for a Buy-It-Now for $22 with free shipping!  What luck did I have!



lot of sewing patterns sewplus.blogspot.com

 Of the lot of Patterns I ended up keeping a little more over half.  Many were my size and you know how I love retro/vintage patterns.  I have listed the 16-1/2 and 18-1/2 sized on my Etsy store to share with my fellow sewers.

Now back to the Simplicity 1797 dress.

Simplicity 1797 Princess seam dress finished front view
 Dress finished.  Love the style.  Girl M says it looks like a Little House on the Prairie dress.  Sometimes the kids are too brutally honest.

I like the trim and the little cap sleeves.  I did lengthen it a little more.  I like my dresses mid knee or a little lower.
Simplicity 1797 Princess seam dress finished side view
Side view of Simplicity 1797

I have already started on the vintage Simplicity 4003 shirt-dress   I made a muslin of the top and it fit perfect on my first try!  I am pretty good!  I have  the beautiful brown/tan/olive paisley fabric that I'm going to be using.  I hope to get the fabric cut out tonight (since Dear Hubby has gone back to night shift for the next 3 months I don't have to hubby sit him in the evenings!).

Until next time.....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment