A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, May 28, 2021

New Hair Do, Patriotic Dress & More

 I have been frustrated with my hair.  When it's straight people ask if I'm not feeling well.  And curling it every other day is a huge hassle.  So my wonderfully talented hairstylist said a perm would help give me body.  

It's been over 20 years since I've had a perm.  It hurt! Those curlers are torture!  But I love the outcome!  So worth it!  I hope that it will be easier to fix and keep up with.





On the Sewing Front:
  I made another Love Notions Summer Basics dress with a 3-tier skirt.  Something a little patriotic?  I guess I can wear it from Memorial Day thru July 4th?

Patriotic Dress

Back View

I have been wanting a solid black jersey knit dress for a while.  This version I just made a simple gathered skirt, no tiers.

Wardrobe staple

I'm making progress on the bathing suit, even though it's slow.  I had to order some poly laminate foam for the bra cups.  

Butterick 5795 Swimsuit


I have to put the swimsuit in time out..........again!

Swimsuit progress

Happy Sewing..........

Until next time.................

Bonnie




12 comments:

  1. Love the new hair! And the patriotic dress is so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks great! and I like what you're planning with that bathing suit...I hope it starts behaving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! LOL! I may get to the bathing suit this week, we'll see!

      Delete
  3. I love your hair! It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great with the new hair! It's been 30-ish years since I've had a perm. The pain, the burns, the smell, the fried hair, the time, the cost all finally put me off them. Your hair looks so nice - have perms changed so much in the decades? Dare I try one again? Will I still be able to donate my hair next time I grow it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments, I wish I had all the answers about a perm. I do have a trusted hairstylist that I think is a magician! Ask lots of questions. My hair hasn't been colored in almost 4 years so I didn't have any issues with that, but the gray streak didn't curl as much as the rest, Hmmmm? oh well. I'm enjoying the ease of haircare again!

      Delete