A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 24, 2021

Love Notions Summer Basics Tiered Skirt Dress

 This may be my most favorite dress yet.  It's so comfortable and the skirt is swishy when you walk.  The only downside it that it's been very windy here in Florida and this skirt can catch some air!  LOL!

I made the Love Notions Summer Basics bodice with a 3-tier skirt.  I found using dental floss and a zig-zag stitch makes gathering so easy!  Doesn't this dress say "Summer"?

I used a cotton/lycra jersey knit fabric from my favorite FabricMartFabrics.com.  It only took 2 yards!


Summer Dress

3 tier skirt



Tank style bodice


Back View


Summer is almost here!

Happy Sewing!

Until next time..............

Bonnie



3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and looks comfortable. Do you wear a slip under your dresses like this. I am wanting to add dresses to my summer wear but worry about the 'show through or see through' like when the sun is behind you and you can see your silhouette through the dress. My mom made me very conscious of this as a youngster. Please feel free to NOT answer that if you think it is TMI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a summer dress! Perfect fabric for this!

    ReplyDelete