A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 17, 2020

Simplicity 8841 Wide Leg Crop Ponte Knit Pants

I am a routine person.  Routines make me feel grounded and safe.  Since this COVID-19 pandemic, my routine has been so far off that some days I feel like I'm just hanging by a thread.  I try to sew something everyday, do my usual housekeeping and cooking but with people in and out of the house all times of the day, my Blogging has taken then worse hit.  Every time I sit down to Blog someone needs something, food, clean clothes or where something is in the pantry!

We are truly Blessed that all our kids and Dear Hubby are considered "essential" workers and are currently working during all this.  Girl M. has started working at the local Nursing Home and she is loving it.  I've been working on making her new scrubs for work.

Dear Hubby tries to work from home two days a week.  It's not as easy as it sounds.  His phone rings all day long and Tuesday he got mad, got dressed and went into work.  But yesterday he made it home all day without too much fuss.

I'm a little far behind Blogging on my makes but I will try to catch up soon.  I have not forgotten.  A few things I probably won't blog about: The 150+ face-mask I made, surgical scrub caps, headbands with buttons for face-mask and lack of elastic to be found.  I'm sure you've read a million post like these.

I made another pair of the Simplicity 8841 pants but I used a Black Ponte Knit fabric this time.  I sewed up a straight size 18 and could have went down a size since I used a knit fabric.  I shortened the length by 1" and made a 1" leg hem.  They have more of a active-leisure feel. they are so comfy!

Simplicity 8841



I found these photos from February when I first made these pants.  Wow! I took photos with my shirt tucked in!  Ewwww!

Simplicity 8841 Ponte Knit crop pants

My sidekicks wanting to know what's going on!

I love the pockets, they are the perfect size!

Back View

I don't wear pants often so when I do everyone comments on them.  I like to keep them guessing!

 These are photos from this morning:  No shirt tucked in, just me wearing a t-shirt, trying to wake up!

Simplicity 8841

Close up of what?  The pocket?

Granny butt!

Still loving the pockets!

Dressed and nowhere to go!

I'm thinking of making up a gray pair.  Maybe making the leg a little more narrow.  Keeping that great pocket, maybe even adding a cargo lower thigh pocket.

I hope everyone is healthy and staying safe

Happy Sewing!

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, nothing like a good pair of black knit crop pants. So functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your mother sew asuch as you do ? And did she teach you to sew? Wish we lived closer maybe you could help me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mother sewed curtains and hemmed pants when I was young, nothing too hard. She is just now sewing clothes (I think I've rubbed off on her!) I am self-taught, wish I could have had a mentor/teacher. I might be able to learn from you if we lived closer! Happy Sewing!

      Delete
  3. I can't find Butterick 8841. Is it Simplicity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Simplicity, Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I must have had Butterick on my mind. Happy Sewing!

      Delete