A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 20, 2020

Butterick 5649 Button Down Stretch Denim Skirt

This Butterick 5649 is my TNT denim skirt.  I always make view C, but thought that View A would be nice too.  I've never worn a button down skirt in my entire adult life.  When you have hips, thighs and belly, button down skirts are NOT your friend.  Things are changing!

Butterick 5649
 I used a pale muted lavender purple cotton/lycra twill strecth denim-bottom weight for this version that I purchased from FabricMartFabrics.com.  This skirt is an easy sew and I made up a Size 20 and only had to take in the waist seam allowances and additional 1/8".  I also lengthened the skirt by 1" for my modesty.

I am loving the pockets.

Butterick 5649 Button Down Denim Skirt

Back Vew

First Ever Button Down Skirt $5.97
I have good news/bad news about this skirt.  I really liked the fit, the length and the pockets of this version.  The bad news: Girl M loved it, took it and I have not seen it since!

I might just have to make myself another version!

Stay healthy & safe................

Until next time.............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. It looks so fresh and nice. Hope you find it again! (snicker, snicker)

    ReplyDelete