A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, July 19, 2019

Simplicity 7103 Pattern Hack

An idea came to me to make a dress that had a yoke on the top in the front and the back.  I used my Simplicity 7103 TNT princess shoulder seam pattern and worked it from there. I also added a band on the bottom.

I used two pieces of leftover fabric from my stash for this dress. 

Simplicity 7103 Pattern Hack 

The lighting makes the fabric look like two different colors but they are the same.

Yoke

Side View

Maybe I should have cut the back panel on the fold, but it worked out.

Back View

Hem Band

I noticed that the yokes didn't meet at the same place at the side seams, but if I don't raise my arms, no one will notice.

Side View

Quick photo before Church....It's HOT here!

I'm very happy with the outcome of this dress.  I did make a few pattern adjustments for another version later on but I really need to clean out my closet AGAIN! 

Until next time.................

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. You made that pattern so much more interesting! Love the wild panels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blending of colors. Can't wait to see what you do next. Like your style!! Best always and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the fabric to make the dress sing. The yoke hacks are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you. Hope all is well! Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking of me, July had been crazy & I can't wait to get back to my routine again.

      Delete