A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, March 15, 2019

McCall 7561 Double Knit Floral Print Dress for Girl M

I thought this simple McCall 7561 knit dress pattern would be a quick sew, but it took me over a week.  Even though the pattern was simple, the fitting took a few tries.

McCall 7561

I made view A with view B back.  I lengthened skirt "A" to use the entire fabric amount.  I added 1" to the bodice front and back and then ended up removing the 1" from the bodice back.

 I chose the size Large for the bodice and XL for the skirt then ended up removing 5/8" from the bodice side seam allowances.  Girl M didn't like all the gathers at the waist so I re-cut the skirt the same circumference as the bodice.  I added the elastic to the waistline, folded over the neckline and top-stitched and had a 1/2" skirt hem.

I used a green and rose pink floral print textured double knit fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com.

At first she wasn't thrilled with the dress.  She liked the fabric and the print but thought the dress made her look like she was 8 years old.  She let me take a few pictures before she left for school.

McCall 7561 Double Knit Rose Print Dress

Front View

Back View

Side View

A little smile!
After school she said the dress was very comfortable and maybe she didn't look like she was 8.  I do hope she'll wear it often because it's a cute dress on her but I'm not going to hold my breath.

$10.38 Dress

Until next time..............

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. I love this dress. The fabric is gorgeous and the fit is excellent. Definitely not an 8 year old! It is very flattering. Great job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great dress! I hope she does continue to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, me too. I think the dress is very flattering on her.

      Delete
  3. Very good job! Your hard work shows. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous! It looks very pretty on her and the style suits her as well.

    ReplyDelete