A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, March 22, 2019

Floral Double Knit Princess Seam TNT Dress

Sewing has been almost non-existent for most of the month.  I'm slowly getting back into my sewing room and finished this dress I started earlier this month.

I love the floral print and the colors of this double knit fabric.

Floral Double Knit Princess Seam Dress
 For the sleeves I split the sleeve, added fold over elastic and tacked back together about every 5".  It gives just a little skin showing when you move.

Split sleeve

Sleeve

Back View

Floral Double Knit Princess Seam Dress
 I have a wedding dress I have to hem and I thought that finishing this dress would help my sewing mojo. 

Until next time...................

Bonnie

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like your finish on the sleeve, it adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sleeve detail...LOVE the fabric!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Very clever sleeve detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric for this dress is gorgeous. I am curious where you purchased it?
    I do love what you did with the sleeves; I think I will try this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Fabric Mart Fabrics purchase. It's a poly/lycra double knit. Thanks so much for the kind comment and I hope to see your sleeve make.

      Delete
  5. Bonnie! It's so pretty! Really wonderful job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete