A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 22, 2019

Simplicity 7103 Princess Seam TNT Magenta Cheetah Print Ponte Knit Dress

I had a 1 yard piece of magenta ponte knit fabric that I thought would work nice with a print fabric for a color block type dress.  After sewing it up I realized it was TOO MUCH!  There was a lot going on with this dress....colorblocking, cheetah print, bell sleeves...too much!

Girl M. said that if I wore this dress to Church I would have to wear a BIG hat to go with it! LOL!


Busy Busy Dress

Back to the sewing machine...........

I removed the solid color panel and remade the sleeves into a short sleeve version.  It's a busier print but a more simple design now.

Simplicity 7103 TNT Ponte Knit Dress

$12.00 Dress
I like that I can wear this dress casual with a sweater or a denim jacket or make it more formal with black tights and heels. 

I'm off to sew something new.................

Until next time......................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I think it would have been fine without the bell, or with print sleeves but still the pink panel. But I like your fix, and it is probably more versatile with jackets as the all print version. I always love seeing what you make, and seeing a rescue is nice. It helps ideas percolate through my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right choice :-) but the first version is a lot of fun (and a lot of look)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my head see all kinds of possibilities with those two fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your color blocked dress; that pink is gorgeous. Your remake does look good also and probably you will get more use from it. Do try to use that pink fabric though, I think it is a great color.

    ReplyDelete