The pattern was in a size 12-14-16. I started with the size 16 and added to the bust/waist/hips for my usual increases. I also made a sway back adjustment.
The front was a little more complex. Since the pattern piece was not cut on the fold due to the asymmetrical gather at the waist I had to make the adjustments to each side. I used my armhole template and my own sleeve pattern.
A muslin was a definite for this pattern but I think it will be an easy sew.
The neckline is extremely high, both front and back. I lowered the front neckline 2-1/2" and the back 1/2". I narrowed the shoulders 1/2" and widened the neckline 1/2". The fit is ok, circumference wise but I don't like the drag lines on across the waist and hips.
|Butterick 3364 Front view|
I like the style of the buckle at the side and the directions were really easier than I thought. I was pleasantly surprised!
|Butterick 3364 Side View-Buckle|
The back of the dress fits well. I didn't put in the back zipper and just had Girl M pin me into the dress. The back darts help with the fit and I'm glad I did the sway back adjustment.
|Butterick 3364 Back View|
I think this dress may need Spanx under it. The muslin fabric is a satin backed suiting with a little stretch. No longer can I wear this beautiful color of orange since my hair is gray is looks very unflattering on me.
I removed the sleeves and took in the side seams 1/2" from underarm to mid hip. The drag lines are a little less now and the side seam still hangs straight even though the fabric wrinkle is making it look a little off.
|Butterick 3364 Muslin|
Until next time......................