A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Butterick 3364 Asymmetrical Floral Stretch Twill Dress

I'm on the fence about this dress.  I like the fit but maybe not on me.  Maybe this isn't my best style for my lumps, bumps & curves but overall I did a good job on the fit.  The print of the fabric does camouflage a lot more than the solid color did. 

I used a stretch twill fabric on this version and the fabric is a little heavier but overall a good match.

Butterick 3364

Back View
I decided to take in the hip area at the side seams an additional 5/8". 


Butterick 3364

Side Buckle view

Butterick 3364

Butterick 3364

Side Buckle view
I did a sway back adjustment on the muslin and may still need an addition little more but overall I'm happy with it.  I think I have uneven hips, maybe it's the way I'm standing too.

Back View

$12.00 Dress
I'm off to sew something new..............

Until next time.............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty, but if you don't enjoy wearing it, donate it. I've finally learned that! I think I like the orange one better because it does show those pretty design lines.
    I have also lost weight, and it's hard losing a loved garment because it doesn't fit any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on wearing the dress Sunday to Church, I'll decide after that, but more than likely I'll be donating it. I hear you on letting go a loved garment, I still have a few....why don't I make a version that fits??? who knows? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete