A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 27, 2018

Traveler's Tee by Saf-T-Pockets

I saw Joy from Joyful-Expressions had the Traveler's Tee by Saf-T-Pockets top on in one of her recent vlog post.  I really like the style of her shirt and I splurged and purchased the pattern.  Shipping was very fast and I couldn't wait to get started on this top.

Traveler's Tee by Saf-T-Pockets

Traveler's Tee

I made a muslin from a neon pink jersey knit. I'm wasn't a fan of the color but for a muslin it will be fine.  I also didn't worry about sleeves since I always use my TNT sleeve pattern.

Traveler's Tee by Saf-T-Pockets

There were no finished measurements so I had to measure/guess the best I could.  I started with an XL at the shoulders & bust then graded out to a 2XL at the waist and hips.

Buttons

Back View

This pattern has turned out a wearable muslin for the ball field.  I did shorten the length by 2".  It was a little too tunic length for me.  Since I don't wear leggings or slim pants I decided a shorter version worked better with my denim type skirts.

Traveler's Tee by Saf-T-Pockets

The color is also growing on me.  This is not a color I would have picked out but it's surprising how a color changes when made into a garment.  I think it's bright & cheery and perfect for Summer.

You know I could not just make this pattern once so I decided to add 10 inches to the bottom and make myself a dress.
Traveler's Tee Dress by Saf-T-Pockets

I used some antique buttons I found in my stash.  They have a flower embossed on them.  They may be too heavy for the jersey fabric but they are cute.

Buttons

It's a busy print and a lot of the details get lost but it's so comfy!

Traveler's Tee Dress by Saf-T-Pockets
I want to make another top version but I have to get to work on a dress for the Derby party...........UGGGH! I hate deadlines!

Until next time.......................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. What a cute pattern - and pockets! Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your top and dress. I've seen Saf-T-Pockets patterns here and there, but not much interest. Now that I've seen your garments, I may be looking for this pattern myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs compiled. I liked the number 7 and 8 ones. I have a love for crochet and crochet top, but I hardly get any due to my plus size. I managed to come across a great site for plus size clothing where I got beautiful crochet tops. Hope you keep up the great work.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete