A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 6, 2018

McCall 6886 Knit Dress V1, V2 & V3

Believe it or not I didn't pull out the Simplicity 1612 TNT pattern for Girl M a dress.  I actually used a "new" pattern and it didn't disappoint.

I now know why the McCall 6886 has been the pattern of the year.  It's an easy pattern to sew up, just four seams, two sleeves and hem.  Easy!  I lengthened View A by 3" so that the dress is modest enough to wear to both school and Church.

McCall 6886
Girl M was the lucky girl to get a few McCall 6886 dresses for Spring.  With the pattern being so simple I used a busy print.  The knit fabric has a little waffle texture to it but was wonderful to work with.
V1 Floral Knit

Back View

$10.40 dress

For the second version I used an orange burnout knit with a poly knit lining.  Easy again!

V2 Orange Burnout Knit

$4.20 Dress

The third version is a ponte de roma knit peach chevron print.  You just can't get a pattern any easier than this.

V3 Chevron Ponte de Roma Knit

Back View


There is one more version in the works..........I'll post a photo soon.

Until next time.............

Bonnie


1 comment: