A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Simplicity 9140 Green Linen Dress

 I thought the Simplicity 9140 would be my next sew.  Loose, casual & a quick sew.  It did not disappoint!  I started out with a size Medium at the shoulders & bust, Large waist and XL at the hips.  The dress fit but was so frumpy & big.  Girl M thought it was a dress I wore in my "larger" days!  I did end up unpicking a lot of serger seams and taking in the dress to as close to size Medium.  

Simplicity 9140

Simplicity 9140

I also shortened the skirt by 3".  I measured my height this week and could not believe I am now 5' 4"!  I even had Dear Hubby remeasure me.....still only 5' 4"!  I have always been 5' 8"!  Where did 4" go?  Maybe now that I'm the big 5-0 I'm starting to shrink! I think of 5' 4" as Sophia on The Golden Girls!  Oh my!

 

Simplicity 9140 Green Linen

Back View

I'm off to sew again..............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment