A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Ellie & Mac Heart & Soul Twist Dress

 Reading the directions on fabric choice is very important.  I wish I would have read it before making the Ellie & Mac Heart & Soul Twist Dress....... Live & Learn!  

I made a muslin from ITY knit and did the needed adjustments.  Then I chose to make a wearable version from a Crinkle double knit fabric from my stash.  There was only 25% stretch with the double knit and the pattern clearly states 50% stretch!  Oh my.  I could wear it if I lost a few pounds.....

Ellie & Mac Heart & Soul Twist Dress

Back View

Crinkle Double Knit

Size a bit snug

Overall it's a great pattern, quick to sew up. Now I just need to dig for the perfect fabric to make another version.

Happy Sewing

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment