A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, September 28, 2020

Itch to Stitch Celeste Dress v1

 

Itch to Stitch Celeste Dress

Every pattern company fits you differently.  I started this pattern with a Size 16 C cup.  It was HUGE!


Itch to Stitch Celeste Dress v1



Back View

I took in the seam allowances an additional 1".  The fit is getting a little better.

A little better fit

Back-round #2

I removed another 1/2" at the side seams & 1/2" at the princess seams.  I really think I could go down a few sizes. Since the fabric was more of a winter type I lengthened the sleeves to 3/4 length.  But this is not a good fabric for Florida's humid weather!  Yuck!

Wearable Winter Muslin


Close-up Round #3

Back View Round #3

Loving these pockets!

Overall a happy outcome

This fabric was from FabricMartFabrics in a mystery bundle.  There is no fabric content tag but I have a feeling there maybe some wool in it because it's itchy in our humid weather!  Ugggh!  I think this will be a winter dress!

I'm going to do more pattern work because I really like the idea of this dress.

Until next time.................

Bonnie




1 comment:

  1. Love this dress. I followed the designer's measurement chart exactly and got a great fit the first time. Never happened before! The cup sizes really help. Pretty colors in your muslin, too bad about the wool content.

    ReplyDelete