A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Simplicity 9750

I though a vintage pattern would be a nice change for my newest sew. 

 I like the neckline and the waistline of this dress.  This pattern calls for woven fabrics but I may try it in a knit too.

Simplicity 9750
                                        
Sorry for the headless photos but I did not fix my hair prior to taking photos.  I made a sway back adjustment prior to sewing up the muslin.  The front was a little low for my modesty but was and easy fix.  I also removed 5-1/2" from the skirt length.

I used a white and pink floral cotton fabric for this muslin.  Girl M. said it looks like pajamas.  But it's a wearable muslin around the house.


Simplicity 9750

Back View

Side View

My final version was from a taupe suiting fabric.

Simplicity 9750


Simplicity 9750


Add View

Side View


With Real Shoes On

Simplicity 9750 Back View

I'm trying to take better pictures

With the snakeprint jacket
I think that this dress will be wardrobe staple.

I'm off to sewing something else.

Bonnie

2 comments: