A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 17, 2020

Butterick 6708 Wine Scuba Knit Dress

I've been working on sewing new patterns.  Fitting has been a little easier.  It's nice to take in, again and again, but sometimes it's tiring since I still see myself as "fluffy".  I still have a few fitting issues that I've always had, such as sway back and sometimes round back.  But not having to worry about sleeve circumference is wonderful!

Butterick 6708

For a muslin I dug through my leftover knit box and found two pieces of ponte knit.  I'm not a fan of these colors together.  I'm not sure this will be a wearable muslin.

Butterick 6708 Muslin
These people I live with like a hot cooked meal at night..........See what happens when I use the oven!  I burned my wrist.  Geeesh!  The things I do for them! I just hope it doesn't leave a scar.

Oven Burn
I sewed a sized 18 and I definitely need to take it in.  Also the bust dart is a little high for my mature bust.

First Muslin

The back isn't too bad, but the sleeves need to be taken in

Back View


After taking off the sleeves and taking in the side seams an additional 7/8" the fit is getting better.

Fitting a little better

I can't lower the bust dart on this version but the side doesn't have many wrinkles. 

Side View

From these pictures it looks like I may have a high hip on the right side??? Or maybe I can't stand still for the picture?

Back View

Sleeves adjusted and re-attached.

Final Muslin fitting

Back View

Side View

I sewed the final version in a wine colored scuba knit fabric.  The fit is much better and moving the bust dart lower 1" was perfect.

Butterick 6708 Wine Scuba Knit 


Back View

Butterick 6708 Wine Scuba Knit Dress

I had planned on wearing the dress alone but abdominal bloating won this morning.  My Issac Mizrahi cape jacket was a nice camouflage cover up for belly issues.

Dear Hubby in his new suit jacket looking so handsome

Sunday Photo
I'm off to sew something great!

Until next time.............

Bonnie

5 comments: