A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 24, 2020

Simplicity 8981 Shamrock Green Georgette Dress

The Simplicity 8981 is a new pattern that I could only find one review for.  It seemed like an easy, quick sew without much fuss or fitting.  I cut a size 18 and added 2" at the hip seam allowances.  I didn't bother with the pockets being afraid that pockets would emphasize my hips.

I wasn't a fan of the shape of the dress.  It looked like a big sack. I wasn't sure I wanted to even finish it, thinking I would just donate it.....but I since I had the belt already cut out I might as well finish it.

Simplicity 8981

Simplicity 8981 Shamrock Green Georgette Dress

I tried it on again.  Well,  it's growing on me......Maybe it isn't as bad as I first thought.

 I thought Girl M. will love this color but I'm not sure about the fit and style

Not looking too bad

Back View

I really don't think I needed the added ease in the hips.

Sack with a belt?
The dress looks way better on the dress form!

Simplicity 8981 Shamrock Green Georgette Dress

The longer I wear the dress the more I'm liking it!  I tried it on with an Isaac Mizrahi sweater I had.  I'm really liking it!

Simplicity 8981 and Isaac Mizrahi cardigan

Girl M came home from school and LOVED the dress!  She wouldn't let me get her messy hair in the photos but she at least let me take pictures.

Girl M. Quick try-on after school

Girl M.

Back View

I purchased the fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics a few weeks back.  Shamrock Green 100% poly Georgette $1.99/yd.  $4 Dress!

Girl M. dressed it up
She's worn the dress three times already!  I have it in my plans to wear it in March IF she'll let me borrow it.

Until next time.....................

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. What a world of difference a belt makes! It looks good on both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I think it looks marvellous on you the photo with the belt and the cardigan, lovely snatch it back! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say....you have a shape to show now so definitely the belt. Love it with the cardigan, it really pulls the green out in the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for providing helpful information it’s Very impressive to read, its shows your hard work ........it is very helpful for me.

    Big discounts Rooftop AC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Interesting post...Thanks for sharing..look forward for your next blog.

    Box-n-Go Storage Containers for Moving

    ReplyDelete