A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 8, 2018

Sure-Fit Designs...More Dots!

I made the Butterick 5354  red and white polka dot knit top back in February and now it is too big on me.  I had enough fabric left over from the first version to make two more tops.

I used my Sure Fit Designs bodice and skirt blueprint and lengthened it to 24" at center back.  I made two different but similar versions.  The first version was a scoop neck, flutter sleeve shirt.  The second version was a scoop neck tank.  An easy sew and two new tops for summer.

Jersey Knit Dot Tank

Back View

Side View w/Bust Dart

Flutter Sleeve Top with Scoop neck

Flutter Sleeve

Back View

I recently found a series of Islander Sewing Systems VHS tapes on Ebay.  I am learning and enjoying the Islander way of sewing.  It's making sewing fun and so much easier!  It did take some practice sewing with no pins but once you get the hang of it, it's great!  I wanted to buy the DVD but they are usually about $42 each.  There are about 12-15 different videos.  I bought  4 volumes of A Galaxy of Sewing Techniques VHS tapes for $19.99 then a set of 2 Shirts, Etc., Pants and Industrial Shortcuts for Home Sewing VHS tapes for $39.00!  I saved a lot of money and I put to use our VCR.  OLD SCHOOL!

Islander Sewing VHS Tapes

I am off to sew something else.............

Until next time...............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Your tops look so good. I love red with white dots anyway. VHS tapes...so funny. We just recently got rid of our old VCR thinking we would never use it again. Then we ran into a bunch of old VHS movies which is the reason we kept the VCR. DUH. But we still have the machine that takes the VHS and copies to DVD so I guess that is what we will do (or hubby will - that is his thing) He says the quality stinks tho when you do that.

    ReplyDelete