A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 15, 2018

McCall 6074 Vacation Dresses

We are planning a vacation later this month.  We are going to visit Savannah, Ga, Asheville, NC, and Stone Mountain, GA.  The weather will probably be very warm at the Georgia stops.  I am hoping that the Asheville visit will be a little cooler.

Of course, I have nothing to wear to sightsee/vacation in!  Why not make a little wardrobe of my favorite TNT McCall 6074 dresses!

I thought sleeveless, knee length with a simple scoop neck would be perfect.  I am loving these dresses and may have to wear them before vacation to "test" them out!

McCall 6074

I am thinking of making a slip from this same pattern.  Making the straps a little more narrow and shortening it by 1".  I don't have a slip that is short enough and I feel more comfortable with a little under garment under my dresses.  I wear Jockey slip-shorts on occasion but sometimes they want to ride up on my thighs.


McCall 6074

McCall 6074

I am a little worried about my feet.  I will wear my Sketcher GoWalk slip on shoes during the day around the house and I love both my Clarks & Born Wedge heels for shopping/Church but I think my Clarks & Born heels are a little too fancy for sightseeing and my Sketcher GoWalks don't look great with dresses.

I did shorten my dress wardrobe so that I could wear my GoWalks with them, then I found these Sketcher suede peep toe wedges on QVC and ordered a black pair.

Sketcher suede peep toe wedge heels-QVC


I am also thinking of toting a backpack so that I can have an extra pair of shoes in case my feet start to hurt.

I'm off to sew a few more dresses.................

Until next time.............

Bonnie


3 comments:

  1. I would definitely bring extra shoes. Sometimes just changing footwear, even if they are similar in style, can help with fatigue.

    I got married just outside of Asheville in Lake Junaluska but most of vendors came from Asheville. Such a beautiful area!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of the dresses are so attractive. Gotta love TNT's. I always worry about the shoe thing too. Sometimes I just don't care about how it looks and wear my walking sneakers any way. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I have never been to Savannah when it wasn't muggy and I live 15 miles from Stone Mountain so yes,this time of year is hot and muggy. Then again, you are used to it with where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses are so pretty; and will be cool and comfortable in the heat.

    ReplyDelete