A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 19, 2018

Butterick 5342 See & Sew Knit Dress v1

I've had this Butterick 5342 pattern in my stash for years.  I liked the gathers at the bust, but that low, low, low neckline has got to be modified for my liking.



Butterick See & Sew 5342


The dress looks ok on the dressform.  But................I had a few alterations to make for it to be wearable and a few additional alterations for the next version.

 I had to take the dress in 1-1/2" at the side seams.  Raise the lower armhole by 1-1/2" and I didn't add  the zipper.  I altered the front v, but not enough.  It stops right below my bra band.  That's still too low for me.

I like the gathers at the center front on the skirt and the gathers at the bust but that waistband isn't my favorite.

Butterick 5342 Wearable Muslin


Gathers

Waistband

The waistband v's down at the center back is too low.  I will have to remove 1-1/2" from the center back.

Back View
This will be a wearable muslin for around the house with a modesty panel.  I will have to make a few more minor alterations and make another version because I just can not let a pattern beat me.

$10.80 Dress

Until next time..............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment