A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 16, 2018

Butterick 5282 Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Eyelet Jersey Knit Dress

I'm doing my best to venture out of my TNT pattern rut.  I liked the looks of the Butterick 5282 dress for a possible evening dress.

Butterick 5282




A few things that have me worried are the depth of the v on the front and back.  I do not want to show "Clevelend" as Girl M likes to say!  And the finished measurements on the patter are a little scarce.

I raised both the front and the back v 1".  I used my knit armhole template.  The pattern armhole was about 1" too high.  I cut an 18 at the shoulders, 22 at the bust and waist.

I din't even think I have a single cut of 5+ yard of fabric in a knit!  I used 3 yards of an eyelet jersey knit and a solid black knit lining for the bodice lining. I didn't have the called for buckle so I improvised with a little fabric tube.  I'm happy with the way the dress came out.

Butterick 5282


Eyelet Jersey Knit

Crinkled

Look at that waist!

The dress has a lot of fabric and it weighs about 10lbs.  I need to build up my endurance to wear it!  I love the  fullness of the skirt and the cute waistband but I didn't love all the hand sewing.  This dress has a zipper which is odd for a knit.  It was all I could do to get the dress on my dressform.  I'm really needing a smaller one.

This is a maybe for the formal but I think I can find better!

Until next time..................

Bonnie


1 comment: