A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 23, 2018

Butterick 5342 See & Sew Blue Floral ITY Knit Dress v2

I can't just sew a pattern once.  I have to have it as close to perfect as I can stand.  I made my alterations to the Butterick See & Sew 5342 and I sewed up another version in a day.

It's a lot easier to sew a pattern the second time.  You know where you can serge, what needs a little extra trimming and where to take a break to keep your mind fresh and from getting overwhelmed.

I'm still not a fan of the waistband but it does give me shape and since I raised the center back the band hits perfect now.

But.............. I can't even get the dress on my dressform!  Since I didn't use a zipper I can't get it over her shoulders and bust.


Butterick 5342 See & Sew Blue Floral ITY Knit Dress
I miss taking photos on my dressform.  I set up the camera on the tripod and I took about 50 photos.  Only a few even came close to being usable.  I should practice more photo taking but I would rather be sewing.
 
Butterick See & Sew 5342

Back View

A little closer

Waistband
I really like this blue version best.  The fit is great and the fabric is so drapey and soft.

$10.80 Dress
I'm going to say that I am satisfied with this dress and I'm going to move on.  I'm thinking a woven dress or a knit top will be next.

Until next time..................

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the bodice and the waistband. The fabric is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fit and that color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress and the fit looks perfect! I too need to practice more for taking photos.

    ReplyDelete