A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 19, 2016

Grey Nick & Zoe Skirt & Nightgown

I know, I know another TNT pattern make.  But I like them.  They make me feel safe.

I've had this grey/blue twill fabric for a while and I've wanted a skirt.  I finally decided to make my favorite Silhouette Pattern Nick & Zoe Skirt.

The skirt goes together very easy,  there is a considerable amount of topstitching involved.  I just take a panel at a time and topstitch all of one section, then add the next section, topstitch, and so on.



Topstitching

I serged all my seams, ironed them the way they needed to lay, then topstitched.


Serging my seams


Serging more seams
I add 3/8" elastic with an invisible zipper.  I like the feel of this pattern.  Cool, comfy and easily can be dressed up or down.


Silhouette Pattern Nick & Zoe's Skirt


Topstitched panels


I have also been in need of new nightgowns.  Here in Florida it's always HOT & HUMID.  I had this mesh knit in my bin for a about a year.  I think it's just thin enough for sleepwear here.

I used my tank top TNT pattern.  I slit the neckline in 5 places, from the neckline to the waist.  Opening up the slit to 1" each.  I could either make them into pleats or I just gathered the neckline.

I lengthened the tank top to use up the whole length of fabric.  Mine ended up being 38" in length.


Mesh Knit Nightgown
Gathered neckline.

Mesh Knit Nightgown
This is the first time I have used fold over elastic FOA.  It sewed easily.  I then turned the elastic to the inside.  Using a zig-zag stitch to topstitch.


Mesh Knit Nightgown-Fold Over Elastic


Fold Over Elastic
I'm going to need a robe now!

Mesh Knit Nightgown-Back View
I'm going to have to look at Fabric Mart Fabrics for some more of this.


$4.80 Nightgown!
 
 
Until next time.............
 
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment