A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Simplicity 7896 part 2

On Friday I did a full bust adjustment on the Simplicity 7896 pattern.  I added 4"!  I am a 38G, I wish they all came pre-cupped!  I also didn't want to mess up the vintage pattern so I retraced the pattern and made all the adjustments on brown kraft paper.  I buy it by the roll.  I didn't want to cut into my swiss dot fabric yet so I had this sheet I found at a thrift shop a few weeks ago. 

Pattern adjusted & layed out to cut

Directions
I thought I would have this top finished last night but life gets in the way.  I have the tie pinned to the shirt front.  I think that I might like this top.  I did cut bias binding for the armholes since I wanted it sleeveless. 

I hope to add more pictures soon maybe even a finished shirt.  I think I have just enough of the sheet left over that I can make Girl M. a top too!

Until next time....


Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment