A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Camping & daily life here

I'm dying to get cutting on the beautiful blue fabric for the shirt pattern.  But priorities have other things coming first.  We are packing tonight for our weekend camping trip.  Dear hubby is at school tonight so it's just me and the kiddos packing.  I should be a pro at it since we've been camping for about 10 years now.

This is where we are going. Wekiva Falls Resort in Sorrento.  I can't wait to get going.  This is one of those campgrounds that our kids never get bored.  They always have such a good time here.  I am thinking about renting canoes and paddling to the river.... we'll see.

We have a 29' bunk house travel trailer.  We call it camping in style.  Boy F. calls it "Roughing it Smoothly".  No tent here.  It has not rained in months here but as soon as I try to sleep in a tent we'll have a tropical storm!
I am a list person.  I love list.  I create list for list.  I list my list.  OK that makes me sound c-r-a-z-y!  I just think that list make it easier for me.  I have just made a list for packing for camping....


Camping checklist



Shelter/Sleeping

______ pillows

______blankets

______teddy bears

______bath towels

______swim towels



 Cooking/Eating

______grill

______charcoal/wood

______lighter fluid

______paper towels

______table/chairs

______seasonings

______aluminum foil

______baggies

______cooler

______ice

______coffee

______coffee filters

______drink pitchers/jars


Clean up

______toilet paper

______garbage bags

______dish soap

______disposable wipes

______dish towels
 

Clothes

_______hoodie

_______shoes

_______towels

_______swim suit

_______underwear

_______pj’s 

Miscellaneous

______lanterns

______lighter

______flashlight

______sunscreen

______bug spray

______citronella candles

______cell phones

______chargers



Personal Items

______toothbrush

______toothpaste

______shampoo

______soap

______deodorant

______hair brush

______medicines

______contacts

______contact solution

______sunglasses

______camera

______hats



Pets

______food/water

______dog bed

______harness/leashes

______rabies vaccine paper 

Food

______peppers

______zucchini

______mushrooms

______onions

______beef/chicken/pork

______hot dog buns

______hot dogs

______chips

______hamburger

______hamburger buns

______shredded cheese

______cream cheese

______mayo

______celery

______watermelon

______bacon

______beer

______bread

______equal



Food From House

______coffee creamers

______kool-aid

______rum/drink mix

______shish-kabob sticks

______mustard

______house seasoning

______salt

______soy sauce

______rice

______milk

______cereal

______ketchup

______butter

______eggs

______pickle relish


Ok so maybe you didn't need to see the whole list.  But it's my list and now that I've blogged it and IF I loose my list, I can always get on my blog and see MY LIST... how's that?

I bought a pair of linen cropped pants from Woman Within and have finally wore them to work.  I really like them so I ordered two more pair.  I've worked a few time with making pants/capris but I just have not had much luck.  So until I order the sure-fit designs, I have to make due with these. I have this color and I ordered a white pair and a pumpkin pair! (I love orange!)


Other than that, all the chickens are doing good.  I spoil them something awful!  Boy T. will be staying home this weekend to watch over them.... no really I guess just to check in on them, he never stays home (work, girlfriend). 

On another note, dear hubby will be graduating with his Bachelors' this month!  I am so proud of him!  He's worked so hard and he's set such a wonderful example for our kids.  He's the only person in his family to graduate high school and to know that he continued on to go to college and get a degree in Criminology.  And the third amazing thing is that it is paid for!  He took a 1-3 classes a semester, and paid as he went along.  I know not many people can say that their education was paid in full!  I think that going to college is a huge sacrifice with a family both in time and financially.  But he made it work.  He doesn't owe anyone anything at the end and he worked hard to earn his degree.  I couldn't be happier for him!

P.s. Boy T. told us today he received a raise at work!  A $1.00 and hour raise!  He is going on Monday for his corrections exam to start corrections in the fall!  I'm one proud Momma!

Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment