A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend in review

I don't have photos to post but I thought I would tell you what all I did this weekend.
Saturday: 
  • Washed all the laundry (with the goatmilk laundry soap) and hung it out on the line to dry!
  • Drove the Jeep to the grocery store with the kids to get Salt for water softener system & Corned Beef & Cabbage!
  • Stopped by the Feed Store to see if they had any new baby chicks (no luck!) but then saw a sign saying they were having a shot clinic in a few hours for your pet...
  • Went home, made lunch, brought in clothes from clothesline, gave the dogs a bath, started dinner.
  • Took dogs back to Feed Store for their shots.  (I think I spend more money on the dogs than on the kids!).
  • Finished up dinner, let the chickens out to roam the yard.
  • Husband took us for a ride in the woods in the Jeep.  The weather has been wonderful for Jeep riding!

Sunday:
  • Decided to go to a Chicken Swap (never been to one of them).
  • It was another beautiful day to drive around in the jeep.
  • Came home with 6 new baby chicks
  • Fixed lunch for everyone then Boy T & his girlfriend took the other two kids to Hog Island and The Iron Bridge for the afternoon of sunning and fishing. 
  • I was at home ALONE!  I didn't know what to do so I VACUUMED & cleaned the kitchen.
  • I made Coleslaw
  • I made Lemon Curd Cupcakes( I'll try to remember the recipe).
  • I cut up a 1/2 flat of strawberries for Strawberry Shortcake
  • I made Lemon water with the leftover Myers Lemons
  • I cleaned the kitchen again
  • I sat on the swing and watched my Chickens roam the yard
  • Kids came back
  • Finished up dinner
  • Cleaned the kitchen AGAIN
  • Sat on swing and watched Kids play in the yard & the chickens chase each other until dark and then had Strawberry Shortcakes.
  • Cleaned the kitchen once again!
Monday
  • Took Girl M. to school
  • Went by the grocery store to pick up a few things on my list.  Came home with a few extra things NOT on the list.
  • Put away all the groceries, cleaned the kitchen
  • Folded and put away all the clothes I brought in on Saturday from the line.
  • Husband wanted to take the Jeep to get Lulu (the dog) some special dog food the vet told us to try.  Wellness diet with no corn.  Think she may be alergic to corn.
  • Went for a ride in the Jeep.  Came home with dog food & a Beta fish for Girl M.
  • Started Homemade Yogurt in the crockpot
  • Made Homemade Dog Treats (with no corn products)
  • Started dinner
  • Vacuumed
  • Started on Girl M's closet curtain out of a sheet I bought at the thrift store.  Sheet is too short but I'll just put a bottom hem of fabric on.  Maybe I can finish that on Tuesday.
  • Let the chickens out to roam the yard
  • After dinner we went outside to sit on the swing & watch chickens
  • Ended up reading some of the Old Farmer's Almanac to the kids
  • Picked up trash in the yard while Boy F. mowed leaves.
  • Watched my husband put the baby chicks up by calling them like dogs.  The crazy chicks actually followed him into the pen and huddled to go to sleep.....
So which one of us is really the CRAZY CHICKEN person?

I feel like I didn't get much done but once I look at it on this page, it looks like I never sit still.  This must be why at the end of the day my feet are dirty and my legs hurt!

A friend at work was telling me about EARTH BOXES.  I read up online about them, but I can not bring myself to pay $76 for two boxes.  I remember my neighbor lady sent me a paper on self watering planter boxes made from Rubbermaid Totes.  http://www.josho.com/gardening.htm Well I got lucky yesterday and while I was shopping, I spotted some 18gallon totes on sale for $3.50 each.  So now I have $14.00 in totes.  I have some pipe & baskets, so now I only have to get potting soil. ( I heard that Jungle Growth potting soil is good stuff).  Hopefully I can make them for about $25.  That's more reasonable.

Now what to plant in the earth box?  We have tomatoe plants in the garden right now.  I am thinking some cucumber plants or maybe some tommy toe tomatoes.  I have to watch out for the chickens, they love my plants too.

As soon as I can I will post some pictures.  I guess I put the camera up this weekend and only realized this morning I did not take pictures of the weekend.  Sorry.

Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment