A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Favorite Coleslaw

I love coleslaw!
I really only like MY coleslaw, so here is MY recipe:

1 head cabbage finely chopped
4 tbsp minced onion
10 pks of Equal or 2/3 cup Sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cups buttermilk*
3 tbsp white vinegar
5 tbsp lemon juice

*I don't usually have buttermilk on hand so I just use 1tsp Lemon juice and 1/2 cup of half-n-half.  Mix together and let sit for 10-15 minutes until it curdles.

1. Chop cabbage fine.  I use food processor.
2.  Combine lemon juice, vinegar, buttermilk, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, sugar and onion in a blender.  Mix until combine. 
3.  Pour over cabbage.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Taste better as it ages.

Serves 10-12





 Tomorrow we are going to eat MY coleslaw, along with hot dogs, beans & Lemonade.  Sounds like summer is on it's way!

Until next Time....


Bonnie





No comments:

Post a Comment