A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year & Sewing Designer Stitch Dita Dress

 Hope you have a Happy & Healthy New Year!  I finished off the year being able to sew up 3 dresses!  I don't seem to have much free time to indulge in sewing. But I try to fit it in when I can.

We had a few cold days here in Florida and I don't own many dresses that are warm.  The Designer Stitch Dita dress caught my eye.  

Designer Stitch Dita Dress

I made a size 6-D cup muslin version from a cranberry ponte knit.  Tapering to a size 10 at the hips. I made the midi length. ' Overall the pattern was easy to sew up, with lots of matching seams.  The sleeve head gave me a little pause and I had to quit for the night & come back the next day fresh to figure it out.  I liked the dress and only had to make a few minor adjustments.  I removed 1/4" from front princess seam and added 1/4" to the skirt seam allowances.  

Retro Dita Dress

Neckline

Sleeve

Back View

I have an idea for another version of the Dita dress with a fuller skirt and shorter sleeves.

Until next time.....

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment