A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Ellie & Mac Gathered Tankini Swim Top

 Living in Florida & having a pool swimwear is a must!  Being very self-conscious about modesty is hard with swimwear.  But the Ellie & Mac Gathered Tankini Swim Top was a possibility.  I sewed up a wearable muslin and overall was happy with the results.

Ellie & Mac Gathered Tankini Swim Top

 Since I was on a roll, I tried the Ellie & Mac High Waist Full Coverage Swim bottoms.  They are reversible but I just used a lining fabric.  The fit is spot on!  

Ellie & Mac High Waist Full Coverage Swim Bottom


Since I had the swim fabric out I made a swim skirt too!  I lengthened the skirt 2".  Perfect!

Swim skirt

Then I had to sew up another swim top.  Just basic black.

Black swim top & swim skirt

Mix & Match

The Ellie & Mac swim collection is a great pattern.  Lots of possibilities to mix and match.

Happy Sewing

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment