A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 15, 2023

Designer Stitch Beth Dress

 I watched a few episodes of Yellowstone and I'm probably the minority of not really liking the show.  But when Designer Stitch put out a pattern test for their new Beth dress, I was in love! Unfortunately I had been so busy with "other" life events that I was unable to pattern test the dress and had to wait for the Beth dress pattern release.  

Woven fabrics are not as forgiving as sewing with knit fabrics but after 4 muslins I was happy with my pattern adjustments.  I used a floral print challis fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics I purchased earlier this year.  Next time I may consider using a fabric with a little more structure than the challis.  Medium weight woven .

Designer Stitch Beth Dress

Sweetheart neckline

Invisible zipper

I love the sleeves.  The shirring just gives the dress a little something. 

Shirred sleeve

 Happy Sewing!

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment