A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 7, 2023

Wardrobe by Me Mirri Easter Dress & McCall 2971

 This dress says "SPRING"!  I don't usually know what to do with border print fabrics but I decided to dive head first into this hot pink floral print double knit fabric.  I think the Wardrobe by Me Mirri dress was a great choice.  I just made a simple rectangle gathered skirt so that the border print was straight. I also made a self fabric belt with the border print of the fabric.


Wardrobe by Me Mirri Dress

Back View

I made Dear Hubby a matching tie from the McCall 2971.  It was the first tie I've ever made and it wasn't too bad but double knit isn't the easiest of fabric to manipulate.  But it's done and if he doesn't wear it it's ok too.

McCall 2971

Happy Sewing!

Bonnie

2 comments: