A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 14, 2023

Mother of Groom Change of Wardrobe! Itch to Stitch Tustin Dress

 There was a change of wardrobe!  I decided on the Thursday prior to Boy F's wedding that I wasn't a fan of the Mother of the Groom dress I had made.  Along came the Itch to Stitch Tustin Dress and I dared to whip it up right before the wedding.  The dress was a great choice and I loved how it turned out.  A little more classy and not so frumpy Cinderella.  

Itch to Stitch Tustin Dress

I lengthened the skirt 5" so that it would hit below my knees.  I also didn't like the sleeves so I used the Simplicity 8601 bell sleeve.  Classic!

Hunter Green Double Knit Tustin Dress

Back View

I wasn't sure where I wanted to wear the Rhinestone pin.  I guess I'll decide when I get dressed!

Rhinestone Pin placement option



The Itch to Stitch Tustin Dress is an easy sew.  Just a few seams.....a quick sew with fantastic results!  I think I'm going to have to make a few more of these!

Heading to the Wedding

Dear Hubby & I heading out to Boy F's Wedding

Happy Sewing!

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dress! You and Hubby make a Lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I like how you changed the sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete