A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, March 6, 2023

Simplicity 8640

I'm late to the Simplicity 8640 train!  Jen from Today in Jen's Sewing Room, Alice Murray from Murr-made Designs and Stephanie from Stephanie Farrell Focus have all made this dress and after making it up I know why!  It's a GREAT dress!

Simplicity 8640

I used a piece of fabric from my stash for a muslin and ended up being wearable!  I did not add the pockets and used bias binding for the neckline and armholes. Easy sew and very figure flattering.  I made a straight size 18 in the longer length.

Rayon mystery fabric from my stash

Back View

The fabric is a pale green and white check, a mystery rayon type fabric.  I may never get the fold creases out of this dress!

Front v close-up

I see a linen version in the near future!

Happy Sewing

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Its a lovely dress, looking forward to your next version. Did you sew version A or B? I am thinking of making version B

    ReplyDelete