A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, March 30, 2023

SECRET Mother of the Groom Dress-Wardrobe by Me Mirri Dress

 Don't you just love it when a pattern and fabric are a perfect match!


I made the Wardrobe by Me Mirri Dress for Boy F's upcoming WEDDING!  We are getting another Daughter In Law!  Another Lady K!  We love her and are so excited for them!


I used an embroidered mesh knit fabric from my stash over an ITY knit, treating the two fabrics as one and modified the pattern to add a flutter sleeve.  I had just enough of the mesh knit fabric to make a waistband.  A made a gathered skirt for this version since I prefer the fullness over my hips.  

Wardrobe by Me Mirri Wrap Dress

Flutter Sleeve

Back View

Mother of the Groom Dress

Happy Sewing

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. My Goodness, This is Beautiful! Congratulations to the Wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Clever use of the embroidered mesh over a solid fabric.

    ReplyDelete