A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 28, 2020

Hiatus for a Hysterectomy



 

Well this year sure has been full of firsts & surprises.  I’ve been dealing with some “female” issues for the past year and my Gynecologist thinks a hysterectomy is my best option to take care of 99% of the problems. Too bad it won’t take away my menopause symptoms! 

I’m hoping to have robotic surgery and that recovery will be quick. Unfortunately I’ve read many stories of how rough recovery is. I’m a little worried but know that it will take time to heal too. 

I’m hoping this will be the start of a great “NEW” year for me health wise and this will solve a lot of issues. I wanted to loose a few more pounds before the end of the year but donating a major organ was not in my plans!

I think I’m most sad to put sewing on hold once more. Surgery was scheduled so quickly I didn’t have time to sew up a hospital outfit or a post surgery wardrobe. I guess I’ll just wear something “old”!

Be forewarned any fabric purchases made while on pain medication is forgivable! Lol!



Here's to a Happy, Healthy NEW YEAR!

Until next time..............

Bonnie


7 comments:

  1. Good luck! The recovery time isn't bad if you can have robotic surgery. Challenge yourself to walk 10 minutes (start with shuffling slowly around your bedroom) every couple of hours on the day you return home, and very gradually build up. This will help you get rid of the gases used to puff up your abdomen for the surgery. Hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will feel so much better! And yes, the walking recommendation works, along with plenty of water to help flush the anesthesia from your system. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and best wishes. But don't blame yourself if you actually put on weight - depending on what has to be removed. My surgeon told me to forget my previous weight and to reset my mind view of 'me'. It didn't make me happy to expand, but it did make me happy to be alive and well, which is a good outcome if you think positive. Best wishes, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and best wishes on your surgery. You will feel so much better. Just make sure you walk around un the house several times a day and possibly at night the first few nights. A pillow in front of your belly when you move to get up and sit down will also help. Best wishes for a quick recovery and the Happiest of New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear that robotic surgery is best way to have this surgery, with less down time. Wishing you the best for your surgery and fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to you Bonnie on your surgery and recovery!!

    ReplyDelete