A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 28, 2018

White & Blue Bob Mackie Jacket & Mother's Day

I've found some great deals this past month on Ebay on my favorite Bob Mackie items.  I bought this beautiful white and blue jacket for $14.99!  I have a black and pink version and I love the fit so why not have another color!

White & Blue Gold Bob Mackie Jacket

I  thought that this light blue crepe textured double knit fabric would make a perfect dress to go with the jacket.  


Dress Fabric Choice
Since the jacket had princess seams I didn't think I wanted my TNT princess seam sheath style dress.  I thought a simple scoop neck, double flutter sleeve, double flounce dress would be perfect.  But after making the black dot dress, I changed my mind on the sleeves to a tulip style sleeve.  I found this great tutorial on YouTube for a pattern. 

I chose a simple, somewhat plain style dress since the jacket is so busy.

Light Blue Crepe Knit Double flounce tulip sleeve dress
 I really love how these tulip sleeves came out.  CUTE!

Tulip Sleeve

Double Flounce

Side View

Back View
I wore this to Church on Mother's Day.  It was a hit and I received many compliments.

Sunday Selfie with Dear Hubby

Mother's Day 2018

$6.25 Dress!
The kids really spoiled me on Mother's Day.  Girl M bought me a beautiful hydrangea plant.  I plan on a new "shady" flower bed soon!  Boy F. brought me the daisies and a sweet card.  Boy T and his wife gave me the coolest bag filled with bath goodies and the sweet homemade sign.  My nephew got me the paper flowers in the vase with some bath goodies and Dear Hubby bought me a pair of beautiful onyx earrings. 

I am blessed!

Mother's Day 2018

This says it ALL!
I'm off to sew something new!

Until next time..................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment