A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 21, 2018

I'm Seeing Dots!

I drafted my own pattern to make a dress to got with my new Bob Mackie Jacket.  I knew I needed to sew up a muslin first before I cut my "good" fabric.

I imagined a simple t-shirt style dress, with bust darts, double flutter sleeves and double flounce .  Something about 40" (knee length) and just a pullover style.

I got pretty close but the jersey fabric I chose just wanted to grow and grow.

Double Flounce Dot Dres
I wasn't happy with the overall fit of the dress so I thought I would add an elastic waistband to help with the continual gravity of the fabric. 

I really love the dress now.

Dotty Dress
I love how the dress moves when I walk, it swishes about.  I think this dotty dress is a keeper.

I'm off to make another version.

Until next time..............

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and the style. Stay Tape is great for knits and other fabrics/seams that tend to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I usually use clear elastic at the shoulder seams but I didn't think to use stay tape around the neck and at the other seams. Great tip!

      Delete
  2. Your dress is so pretty. What model sewing machine are you using? You have made some beautiful clothes

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, Thanks so much for the compliment. I have a Brother CE7070PRW sewing machine and a Brother 1034D serger. They have been very good machines. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete