A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Simplicity 7243 Green Ponte Knit Dress with Flounce

I wasn't too sure about the color Dark Ivy Green for a dress or the flounce but I persevered and the dress won me over!  At first I thought that the flounce made the dress look too youthful......but once I finished it, it starting to grow on me.  Then I looked through my closet and found a few sweaters and cardigans to wear with the dress and I'm now in love!

I used my TNT pattern (Simplicity 7243).  I used the 40" (Knee length) length, removing 7.5" from the bottom hem.  I made a flounce that was 8.5" wide and 1.5 times the circumference of the skirt hem.  I also added full length long sleeves.

Simplicity 7243 Green Ponte Knit Dress

Simplicity 7243

I made a simple open knit long vest.  I don't think this is a fabric I could use for anything else, it worked for a vest.

Open Knit long vest

Perfect green match

Green Floral Cardigan

Black with Gray dot sweater

My favorite!  Susan Graver Floral Sweater

Another Sweater

Another Sweater

Rust Sweater for Fall

$15 Ponte knit dress
I did get 10 of the kitchen cabinet doors primed.  I have to tell myself to paint cabinet doors THEN I get to sew.  Because if I didn't I would just ignore those doors right now!  Hopefully I can get them painted and put up soon and get a photo of 1/2 of the kitchen completed!  Wish me luck!

Until next time....................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. What a fun dress! I really like the 3 floral print sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are such an inspiration. I need to include more solids in my dresses, and add more cardigans in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how versatile your wardrobe is. I enjoy seeing how you style your new garment with existing pieces. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete