A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Rose Print Jacquard Knit Dress

In between coats of primer on the kitchen cabinet doors I sewed another dress.  I used a pattern I have used many times before but once I tried on the dress, it's TOO BIG!  But I'm going to wear it anyways.  I love the floral print & the knit fabric is buttery soft.  On the dress form the dress looks great but when I wear it, the top blouses a lot  at the waist.  Dear Daughter mentioned that the dress swallows me.


Floral Knit Dress

Neck band & short sleeves
 I can't believe I paid this much for this fabric!  It must be misprinted or there was a % sale at the end of the cart.

$22.00 Dress?


Floral Knit Dress
Can you believe tomorrow is September 1st?  Where has the year gone?

Dear daughter took a quick picture of me wearing the Rose print jacquard knit dress.  I really should take it in from the underarm to the waist so it's a little more fitted.  But it's so comfy!

Going to the store

 Growing out my gray update: It's now been 9 months!  I can't believe how white it is on top.

Growing out my gray: 9 months

Side view

Back View

Side View

Next up is adding two coats of paint to the kitchen doors.  So I should be able to fit some sewing in between coats drying!

Until next time..................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. First, congrats on your progress getting to a smaller size, and excellent that you have such proof! And it is lovely you can CHOOSE if you want to alter or leave deliciously comfortable. It is a beautiful print.

    ReplyDelete