A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Silhouette Pattern #2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt Black Denim

While looking for fabric to wash, I found a length of black stretch denim.  I am going to sew the skirt up in this first as a wearable practice muslin.  I have enough left over if something goes wrong.  Then. I'll be moving on to a blue denim version.  I also found a beautiful satin back black peachskin fabric that I think will look great for the holidays.


Black Fabric Choices


Silhouette Pattern #2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt


Silhouette Pattern #2913 Black Stretch Denim Skirt


Silhouette Pattern #2913 Black Stretch Denim Skirt


Silhouette Pattern #2913 Back View
I wore the skirt to the store but I didn't take photos until the end of the day.  The reason the skirt is wrinkled.  The skirt was very comfortable and easy to wear.  I'll be sewing up more!



Silhouette Pattern #2913

I finally repainted the thrift store lamps.  I thought a bright, shiny red would look nice.


Repainted Thrift Store Lamps


Repainted Lamps
I've been having trouble with my feet hurting while sewing.  I wasn't sure why but I caught myself arching my foot forward while I was sewing.  The pain is really bad if I'm not wearing shoes.  I now try to remember to wear shoes and be aware of what position my feet are in.  Who says sewing isn't rough on your health?

Tip-toe sewing?
 

Sewn So Far:

  • Drape neck tank top in midnight blue ITY knit.
  • Regular tank with neck/arm band in midnight blue ITY knit
  • Drape neck tank top in white jersey knit
  • Drape neck tank top in blue aqua jersey knit
  • M6844 Cardigan Fuschia Abstract Wavy Stripe ITY Knit
  • M6844 Cardigan Pink Black Chains Pearls Animal ITY Knit 
  • M6844 Cardigan Blue Tropical ITY Knit
  • B5760 Green Floral Ponte Knit Cardigan
  • Drape neck dress in Raspberry matte ITY knit
  • Nightgown in blue rose bouquet cotton sheets
  • Silhouette Pattern #2913 Nick & Zoe’s Black Denim Skirt

Still Want to Sew:

  • Sweater Wrap Top
  • Denim Skirt
  • Sleeveless Button Down Top
  • Princess Seam Sheath Dress
  • Stripe Vest
  • 3/4 sleeve Maxi Dress-Solid Color
  • Something with fringe
  • Red dress with Animal Print Cardigan
 
Until next time......................
 
  Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm a dress gal, but I'm trying to venture out! This skirt is quickly becoming a favorite!

      Delete