A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas Gift

My elderly neighbor lady mentioned that she wanted a red cowl neck top for the Holidays.  What was I to do except whip one up for her!

The top turned out beautiful and I almost kept it for myself.


Red Cowl Neck Top www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Red Cowl Neck Top


Red Cowl Neck Top www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Red Cowl Neck Top
The fabric has a sparkle to it.  I purchased it from Jo-ann's.  Even with a coupon it was pricey for a cheap ITY knit.  $28.00!  I could have just bought her a top at that price.  But it was the thought of the gift right? 

When I HAVE to purchase fabric from Jo-ann's or Hobby Lobby I am surprised by the lack of quality.  I must be spoiled from the fabric I always get from Fabric Mart online.  I know I buy it without feeling it but I have always been very satisfied with their quality.  So much so that I seem to order twice a month from Fabric Mart!


McCalls 4617 knit cowl neck top www.sewplus.blogspot.com
McCall's 4617
 I made the cowl neck top from the McCall's 4617 top pattern that I had used previously. 

I have been interested in the 60-minute shawl pattern from Nancy's Notions.  I like the look of the finished shawl and it seems quick and easy to make.  I am considering purchasing the pattern and a little of the mesh fabric too.  The shawl looks like it can be a great accessory during the spring and summer.

Until next time....................


Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment