A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Simplicity 7243 Woven to knit pattern

While on a trip to Alabama I visited one of the largest thrift store EVER!  It was a Wal-Mart at one time, now it's Harvest Thrift.  It takes me and DD a good two hours to go through it.  My favorite place to go to while in Alabama!

I purchased a bolt of knit fabric (still in the wrapper).  Along the selvage edge it's marked for Jo-Anne's.  It's a little thin but I think it will make a great muslin for knits.

I found a pattern that I think will work for the leopard print fall wardrobe fabric.  I have the pattern it's just too big.  I decided to give it a try and used the thrift store bolt fabric.
Simplicity 7243 Dress Pattern www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Dress Pattern

Simplicity 7243 Dress Pattern www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Dress Pattern knit muslin
The dress turned out GREAT!  I only had to add 1/2" at the seam allowances of the hip area.  I wore it to church last night and it was comfortable.  The fabric is thin but it's always summer in Florida so I think I will get a lot of wear out of it!

Simplicity 7243 Dress Neck View www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Dress Neck View
I did not use the neck facing pieces in the pattern.  I just turned the seam allowances in and used a double needle to stitch around the neck.  I did the same thing on the hem and the sleeves.

Simplicity 7243 Dress Back View www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Dress Back View 
I also cut the back piece on the fold so I didn't have a back seam.  

I'm cutting out the leopard/cheetah print fabric now.  Wish me luck!

Until next time...............................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment