A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Serger Project

I wanted to try out my new serger on making cloth napkins with a rolled hem.  I was a little nervous to change the dials on the machine.  Changing from a 4-thread stitch to a rolled hem was easy and I even changed thread color, then changed back to 4-thread stitch and thread color again.

EASY PEASY!


rolled hem cloth napkins serger www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Rolled hem cloth napkins
I like to throw them in a basket in the dining room.  It makes me feel a little bit better for not using as much paper.  I just throw them in the washer when I do wash.

rolled hem cloth napkins serger www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Basket of napkins
 I'm working on an apron project.  I have a favorite apron but I have been unable to find a pattern similar.  I decided to trace the apron out on paper and sew it up.  

Until next time.....

Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment