A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, March 28, 2014

Butterick 5616 Spring Vest

I am a sucker for clothing magazines.  I love to tear out the pages and save pictures of clothing that I like, in hopes that maybe one day, I will make it. (Especially if I can make it cheaper!)

I found this picture in the www.womanwithin.com mailer.  It's SPRINGY, it's versatile and I think I can make it A LOT cheaper than $29.99!

denim floral vest www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Magazine Vest 

Butterick 5616 BP257 denim floral vest www.sewplus.blogspot.com
My Vest Idea
On my visit to Jo-Ann's I could not find a white background denim fabric.  I thought that this red, orange, white, purple & yellow stretch denim screamed SPRING!

I have made this pattern two other times.  I made a short sleeved cropped jacket in white denim and a 3/4 length sleeve jacket in brown floral from a curtain panel I bought at the thrift store.


Butterick 5616 Brown Floral Jacket www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Butterick 5616 Brown Floral Jacket 

Butterick 5616 White Denim Crop Jacket www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Butterick 5616 White Denim Crop Jacket
I have wore both these jackets many times.  Over dresses or with a tank and jeans.  The pattern is easy to work with.  I always have a little trouble with the collar, but looks ok in the end.

Butterick 5616 Spring Floral Denim Vest www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Floral Butterick 5616 Spring Vest

Butterick 5616 Spring Floral Denim Vest www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Back view Butterick 5616 Vest

I think that this vest turned out just as I expected and I can't wait to wear it soon.  

The FedEx man just brought me a box from FabricMartFabrics.com!  I can't wait to dig in!

My next project is the Butterick 4443 dress with princess seams and full skirt.  I have to alter the pattern to fit my bust.  All those pieces........ wish me luck!

Until next time.......................

Bonnie






  






No comments:

Post a Comment