A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Butterick 4957 Dress #2

I am going to visit my Mother on Sunday for Mother's Day so I thought why not make myself a dress to wear over there?  I have this beautiful blue roses sheet set with solid blue for the lining.  I am so excited!

Butterick See & Sew 4957 Dress Pattern Blue Roses Floral
 I hope this pattern doesn't look too much like a night gown!


Butterick See & Sew 4957 Dress Pattern Blue
My pattern basic now that I have made all my adjustments.

I have been making a point to use tracing paper and a wheel to mark my darts.  I found that if I use a ruler my lines are straighter and doesn't wobble.

Marking dart tracing paper wheel sewplus.blogspot.com
 I used an orange tracing paper to mark darts on the lining fabric and blue on the floral.  I am about to start sewing the darts then press but I just realized I have NO blue thread!  I guess white it will be.

Hope to have more pictures tonight or tomorrow on  the progress.

Until next time......

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment