A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Butterick 5022 Part 2

I bought this cool denim fabric from Fabric Mart a few months ago for Girl M. some shorts.  It says it is pink denim.  One side is dark and the other side is real shiny pink.
The fabric screams Girl M.  She has one pair of shorts so I thought I would make a pair from each side of this fabric.  The fabric is easy.  It has a nice hand.  I used a denim needle in my machine and used hot pink thread.


Easy to mark
With the flash of the camera it looks real shiny but the fabric is dark and when you turn it just right in the light you see the pink.  I top stitched with the pink thread so that they look like real jean type shorts.

This is the same pair of shorts one with the flash and one without.
with flash

without flash

Girl M. couldn't wait to wear them to school the next day.  I think they look great on her and they look comfortable too.

front view

rear view
The pattern is easy with only 4 pieces: Front, Back, Waistband and tabs.  The second pair I am making with the real shiny pink side I have shortened the length by 2" and not tabs on the legs.  I also added pockets on the back too.  I have to finish the waistband on that then I can take a photo.

Butterick Pattern 5022, I give a A+.  Girl M. likes it, Easy to make, not too much fuss.  Mom gives it an A+ too.

Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment